Friday 4 March 2016

An inspiring peek into the world of picture books...

When my friend Janet Bingham (writer of a number of very successful children's picture books) invited me to go along to Anglia Ruskin's Children's Book Illustration MA show today, I was very keen. I have been to this show a number of times over the years and always love it! Today was no exception. Amazing talent on show! My only gripe is that there was no information readily available about the illustrators. I am sure previous MA shows had better labeling - more than just the illustrators name. Perhaps there had been a catalogue but as today is the penultimate day of the show, copies had run out. Glad to have been though and to have had a nice lunch in CB2 with Jan talking mainly about our own current projects and books in general. The encouragement that Jan gives me is immense and I'm very grateful to her. In return I'm trying to talk her into blogging!

1 comment:

  1. There was indeed some impressive talent on show. Thank you for your company and a very enjoyable day. I watch and learn as you blaze the blogging trail!

    ReplyDelete